Day 2 and 8
Day 2 and 8 tests are only required for those who are not fully vaccinated. Please note these rules will be changing at 4am on February 11th. For full details see our International Travel advice page.
Before you travel to England – Not Fully Vaccinated pre Feb 11th
Before you travel to England you must:
- Take a COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 2 days before you travel to England
- Book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 PCR tests – to be taken after arrival in England
- Complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
You will need to enter the booking reference for your day 2 and day 8 tests in the UK passenger locator form.
When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated
After you arrive in England you must:
- Quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 full days
- Take your COVID-19 PCR tests – you must book these tests before you travel
You must take the first test on or before day 2 and the second test on or after day 8. The day you arrive is day 0.
If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 PCR tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days.